Theme: Smart shipping, ports, transportation and global connectivity
The better connected a port is to global shipping networks, the greater the rewards. Ports are a hub for shipping, as well as economic development activities like fishing and tourism. Maritime shipping is the cheapest way to transport bulk goods worldwide, delivering over 90% of items from shore to shore. They attract investments from all sectors, creating jobs and developing infrastructure that can transform a country’s economy.
Participants will discover:
- Innovations in energy efficiency
- How to make ports more efficient
- How to use science to address climate change
- What smart shipping means for the future of the blue economy
- The innovative regulations and policies needed to enable transportation and global connectivity