Theme: People, culture, communities and societies – the inclusive blue economy
The blue economy recognizes the importance of marine resources to coastal communities, as well as the effects of climate change on their way of life. It’s vital to include communities in these conversations so that we can support their cultures and well-being. By working together with coastal communities, women, youth, Indigenous peoples and vulnerable members of society, we can ensure sustainable economic prosperity for all.
Participants will discover:
- The cultural value of our oceans
- How to make reforms more inclusive
- Challenges that face communities reliant on maritime resources
- The importance of community engagement of all members and traditional knowledge
- How to diversify economic activities to reduce poverty and optimize resources