Theme: Maritime security, safety and regulatory enforcement
Secure and safe maritime resources are essential for trade, communication, and job and wealth creation. Security challenges have escalated with attacks from criminals and terrorists on ports, offshore installations and ships. These attacks are showing increased innovation and sophistication, and endangering crew, ships, cargo, marine life and other investments.
We must work together to find solutions that keep marine resources safe from harm. Our collaboration will lead to new regulations and technologies that deter a range of threats and criminal activity, including illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing, in the long and short run.
Participants will discover:
- Threats to maritime security
- Blue technology advances in security
- Institutional frameworks that include preventative measures
- International Maritime Organization initiatives to tackle crime
- Opportunities to include stakeholders in the security discussion