A Global First
Kenya and its co-hosts Canada and Japan are inviting the world to Nairobi for the first global conference on the sustainable blue economy.
Over 18,000 participants from around the world will meet from November 26 to 28, 2018 at the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference to learn how to build a blue economy that:
- Harnesses the potential of our oceans, seas, lakes and rivers to improve the lives of all, particularly people in developing states, women, youth and Indigenous peoples
- Leverages the latest innovations, scientific advances and best practices to build prosperity while conserving our waters for future generations
The conference will capture concrete commitments and practical actions that can be taken today to help the world transition to the blue economy.
* There is no charge to attend the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference. Please register here:
Why this conference?
The Sustainable Blue Economy Conference builds on the momentum of the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the 2015 Climate Change Conference in Paris and the UN Ocean Conference 2017 “Call to Action”.
The conference will:
- Identify how to harness the potential of the blue economy to create jobs and combat poverty and hunger
- Show how economic development and healthy waters go hand in hand
- Capture commitments and practical actions that can be taken today
- Bring together the players needed to transition to a blue economy
Join us in Nairobi:
- Help shape the transition to the blue economy
- Hear about the latest innovations in science and technology to ignite blue growth
- Create new partnerships and projects that transcend boundaries
- Learn about success stories and concrete actions for driving sustainable blue economies while addressing the challenges of protecting our waters
- Share strategies for transitioning to a blue economy in your country or region
- Be mobilized for change